KRP Law, LLC Salem Divorce Lawyer Attorney Profile Divorce Law Blog Contact Us
Call Today to Schedule an Appointment

Call Today


Child Custody
Child Support
Contested Divorce
Domestic Violence
Enforcement of Court Orders
Father's Rights
Grandparental Rights
High Net-Worth Divorce
Property Division
Same-Sex Marriage
Uncontested Divorce
221 Essex Street, Suite 51 Salem, MA 01970
Schedule your free consultation Learn more about our experienced attorneys Get you divorce questions answered

Court Order Modification Attorney in Salem, MA

Modifications to Custody & Support Arrangements

Your court-ordered or approved divorce terms are not designed to be permanent or inflexible. Rather, they should grow and adapt with the needs of your family and your lifestyle. In the state of Massachusetts, it is understood that the occasion may arise for you to change the initial terms of your divorce. As an experienced Salem divorce attorney, I am prepared to help you do just that.

Changing Your Divorce Terms

Have you lost your job? Recently incurred high expenses? I am Attorney Kevin Prendergast and I have successfully assisted numerous individuals over the course of my 15-year legal career with various modifications to their current court orders. Whether you are the recipient of child support or you make the payments, you are able to seek a modification every three years.

In order to successfully apply for a support modification, you must be able to prove that there has been a significant change in your financial circumstances. You must prove the existence of compelling reasons in order to change your custody agreement as well. If you are unhappy with your current child custody arrangements then you may be able to seek a modification if the custodial parent is moving away, has been sent to jail, or other circumstances are present.

How Can a Salem, MA Divorce Lawyer Help?

Looking for a lawyer for court order modification in Salem? It is important for you to call a Salem, MA divorce attorney as soon as possible to discuss your current situation and how I can help you to modify your circumstances so that they are better for you. This process can be extremely difficult without legal representation. I have over 15 years of legal experience and I have many satisfied clients whom I have represented in the past. Do not hesitate to contact KRP Law, LLC today.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal
advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not
constitute, an attorney-client relationship.